Due to the number of requests we have received, please allow up to 24 hours for a response."Request for File Copies" should only be used when requesting a copy from a case filed after the following dates. If a copy is needed prior to the following dates, then the request must be made in person at the Carteret County Clerks Office.
- Civil Miscellaneous (M): After January 1, 2007
- Civil Magistrate (CVM): After March 1, 2007
- Criminal Superior (CRS): After January 1, 2003
- Civil District / Civil Superior (CVD / CVS): After March 1, 2007
- Criminal District (CR): After January 1, 2007
File copy fees:
- Certified copy: $3.00 first page and .25 each additional page
- Criminal background record check: $25.00 certified funds or cash on site
- Regular copy by mail (not certified): $2.00 first page and .25 each additional page
Request for copies exceeding 25 pages must be handled in person at the Clerk’s Office.
If you need a file copy in a timelier manner please be sure to indicate in the "Message" field the date and time you need the information and we will do our best to accommodate your needs. Also, indicate if you only need a particular page from a file, for example a divorce decree or a judge's order.
Form(s) request submitted after 3:00 pm and on weekends or holidays will be processed the following business day. Please keep in mind the first day after a weekend, holiday or the office being closed due to inclement weather response times may be longer than 24 hours.
To use the form below: Complete all fields. Include in the "Message" field (1) the case number, (2) the names of the parties, (3) the specific documents requested, (4) mail by email or US Mail (paid in advance), and (5) click red "Send Email" button to send.
State Law prohibits the Clerk’s Office staff from; providing any legal advice, providing instructions for completing forms, referring an attorney, or recommending specific ways to pursue legal action.