The Civil Division of the Carteret County Clerk’s office is located on the first floor of the Old Courthouse (with the dome or cupola on top).
The Civil Division handles:
- Superior Court matters involving lawsuits over $25,000.
- District Court matters involving lawsuits under $25,000.
- Small Claims matters under $10,000.
- Landlord tenant disputes/summary ejectment
- Claims for monies owed
- Domestic Relations lawsuits:
- Child Support
- Domestic Violence
- Custody, Equitable Distribution of Property, Alimony
- Absolute Divorce based on a one year separation
- Claims of Lien
- Civil Judgments
- Upset Bids on Tax Delinquent Properties
For more information, please visit Administrative Office of the Courts Frequently Asked Questions.